Check out our free Derby Prep Class!
- This Prep Class runs Jan. 23 and Jan. 30 on Tuesday nights from 7-9 p.m. at Skate-A-While Longer in Rome NY.
- Joining roller derby can be very exciting, but also a little intimidating. This class is to prepare you for the upcoming roller derby bootcamp. We will primarily work off-skates to strengthen ourselves and learn how we use our bodies in roller derby.
- Together we will discuss the rules of roller derby and basics of game play strategy.
- We will engage in off-skates game play.
- We will also fit you for derby gear. Gear provided.This program is open to women and gender expansive folks of all skill levels.
- No experience necessary.
- Must be 18+
- This prep class is two sessions and FREE.
- If you attend both Prep Class sessions, you will receive a discount for the Winter Rookie Bootcamp.
- Save your spot and register today! https://forms.gle/rjfsEeYnd3LDWHYt9
Join our upcoming Roller Derby Bootcamp, Sign up today!
Tuesday nights from Feb. 6-March 26.
We will teach you everything you need to know about skating and roller derby.
No experience necessary.
Must be 18+
The eight session program is $50 total.
Our bootcamp is open to women and gender expansive folks of all skill levels.
Sign up here to register today! https://forms.gle/vFproqWYQoEccmr97
Welcome To CNYRD
We are a competitive roller derby league that is currently made up of two travel teams, the CNY Nightmares and the CNY Daybreakers. Our league is member run; that means that all members of our league help in some way to make our business work. We are also a member of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA), an international organization that governs our version of flat track roller derby.
CNYRD Mission Statement
To operate as a financially sustainable non-profit all-female flat track roller derby league that fosters community, sportsmanship, and athleticism; To foster the spread and proliferation of roller derby as a sport; To represent Central New York State, from Albany to Syracuse along Interstate 90 and outlying areas, in the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) in local, regional, national, and worldwide competition; To foster female empowerment and as well as empowerment of all races, colors, national origins, gender expression, sexual orientations, sexual identities, ages, religious beliefs, and body types by providing positive athletic role models. To instill a sense of family, unity, loyalty, hard work, and competitiveness among our members.